There’s No Place Like Home
As the number of senior citizens in Ontario continues to grow, so does the number of people who opt for aging and living well in their own homes. Nursing homes and assisted living facilities can leave seniors feeling depressed, and make Alzheimer’s symptoms worse, as new surroundings and routines can be very upsetting and confusing.
As seniors age, they may require some additional assistance while living in the comfort of their own home. Many people don’t realize that services and the benefits of an in-home caregiver can be tailored to the needs of seniors. Additionally, an in-home care giver is an economical alternative to nursing homes.
The benefits of staying in home are extraordinary and include:
- Familiarity of surroundings and routines. Seniors report great satisfaction when they are able to continue to stay at home and do all the things they are used to doing. For example, going to the same grocery store or pharmacy where they have gone for years and are comfortable. Maintaining relationships with friends and neighbours and living by your own schedule are important factors in maintaining a healthy and positive lifestyle.
- Lower risk of infection: Germs and diseases can be passed easily within any long-term care facility. Not being exposed to others that are sick reduces the chances of catching illnesses that are going around.
- Independence: Staying at home maintains independence by allowing your loved one to continue to pursue their interests, maintain relationships and stay engaged.
- Mental health benefits: Many seniors report depression when having to permanently leave their home. However, new relationships formed with in-home caregivers will have positive effects on mental health and happiness.
- Comfort: You can rest well knowing your loved one is being taken care of to the highest standard. At CalaCare we pride ourselves on our exceptional care! Your family is our family!
How can CalaCare help? Check out our Home Support Services page, or reach out to us. We are happy to provide you with more information. We also provide a free in-home consultation with a professional Care Manager.