The role of private home care agencies is to bridge the gap between what families can do for their loved one(s) and what the government will provide. Here are 5 characteristics of private home care agencies that help to bridge these gaps:
1. FLEXIBILITY: All of the home care services provided are completely flexible and customized based on the needs AND wants of the client. There is no red tape to cut through for eligibility. If you want help, you get help.
2. SUPPORT: Private home care services relieve the pressure on the family to provide all of the care for a loved one. Sometimes care can be complex and overwhelming. Private home care agencies support families by sharing the responsibilities.
3. QUALITY: When families hire a private home care agency there are high expectations. Not only are you looking for help to care for someone dear to you, you are also paying for this service either out of pocket or through extended health insurance. The only way for a private home care agency to stay in business is to keep our clients happy through exceptional services.
4. INNOVATION: As an independent home care agency we have the freedom to always look for and implement new ways to improve how our home care services are delivered. CalaCare does this through the use of cutting edge home care technology.
5. PERSONAL: Private home care agencies tend to be smaller, so when you call you actually talk to someone who knows you and your loved one. This industry is driven by people who truly care about the seniors in our community and have experience with the challenges of caring for someone you love at home.
6. RESPONSIVE: No two people are the same, and often the needs of an older adult can change very quickly. A good private home care agency is responsive to changing needs and is able to modify a schedule and provide additional support on short notice. No agency is perfect, and there may be times when there is just no one available. That’s when a good agency refers you to other options. When you are working with an agency that is focused on helping you and your family instead of just taking your business, you know you are in good hands.